GoVerifyID solves the patient identification challenge and protects your sensitive healthcare data. When patients are misidentified, bad things can happen. Critical health information can be linked to a duplicate medical record or the wrong record. This impacts patient safety, data integrity, and healthcare costs. Medical identity theft is a major concern as thieves can use it for obtaining medical care, purchasing prescriptions, or submitting fraudulent Medicare claims.
GoVerifyID brings security and convenience to your healthcare organization by using the two-factor or multi-factor authentication method and biometrics of your choice. Patients and healthcare professionals simply swipe a finger, take a selfie, show their palm, speak a phrase, or enter a PIN on any connected device to authenticate themselves, anywhere, anytime. With GoVerifyID, you can assure the right person gets access to the correct healthcare information.
Think of biometrics as your own personal password that cannot be forgotten. You no longer need to remember complex passwords, answers to password reset questions, or carry a smartcard. Password resets can be eliminated. Retyping complex temporary passwords is a thing of the past.
When looking for a biometric security solution, the minimum metrics should really include multi-modal biometrics, anonymous biometric storage, and cloud-based matching.
- Multi-Modal Biometrics: Users can choose to use one or more biometric modalities, such as face, voice, eye, fingerprints, etc., to authenticate themselves.
- Anonymous Biometric Storage: User’s biometric data and their Protected Health Information (name, address, birth date, etc.) are stored in two separate locations.
- Cloud-Based Matching: GoVerifyID sends encrypted, anonymous biometric data via a secure communication channel to the cloud for anonymous matching, further strengthening security.
Performance is another critical capability. You really want a biometric system that is ultra-scalable, dependable, provides end-to-end service, and is easily integrated into all your existing applications and business processes. GoVerifyID provides all of this and more.
Healthcare use cases
- A physician or other hospital staff requesting access to a patient’s Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Personal Health Information (PHI).
- A physician sharing patient records with other staff within the same health system.
- Physicians submitting electronic prescriptions (e-Rx) for controlled substances and e-Prescription renewals.
- Physicians entering orders into Certified Physician Order Entry (CPOE) systems.
- Easily and accurately identify your patients, at check-in, using biometrics.
- Nurses or healthcare workers visiting a patient’s home using connected mobile health applications to monitor and track PHI.
- Physicians’ remote access from PC or mobile devices to remote presentations, clinical portals, and shared workstations.
- Doctors accessing a patient’s biographic data (vital signs) from wearable apps and other remote wireless monitoring devices.
- Internal password reset requests within hospitals and clinics.
- Hospitals and clinics offering patient portals to provide remote access to review lab results, Personal Health Information (PHI), and to schedule appointments.
- Hospitals and clinics providing mobile health applications to communicate, monitor, and support patients.
- Identifying patients in clinical trials, providing surveys, and collecting patient status during the clinical trial.
ImageWare Systems’ GoVerifyID service provides fast, real-time two-factor, biometric, and multi-factor identity authentication in the cloud with massive scalability and unparalleled security. Two-factor biometric, and multi-factor identity authentication is provided in seconds even when hundreds of millions of identity requests occur simultaneously. The biometric data is stored in a proprietary anonymous binary format. So even if the data is somehow compromised from the secure cloud data center, the data is unusable and not associated with any individual – so it doesn’t provide any value to would-be thieves.
Only GoVerifyID provides a secure, scalable, flexible, versatile, mobile and cloud service for multi-modal two-factor, biometric, and multi-factor identity authentication.
The GoVerifyID mobile app is highly versatile to support any business scenario, environmental situation, use case, application, and system. The GoVerifyID mobile app is a turnkey solution that can be implemented without any configuration.
The GoVerifyID mobile app is also White Label ready and can be easily re-skinned to fit your company brand via simple configuration and without any programming. The layout and functionality of the GoVerifyID app screens can also be configured using HTML5 or other webpage standards. If desired for a completely customized solution or for embedding, GoVerifyID can be integrated into your existing mobile application. An open SDK is available for Android and iOS devices.